Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Werewolve's by Night of London


No the song title is Werewolve's of London. But the pic is from one of my favorite comics, Wereowlf by Night. It got a decent run in the 70's on Marvel and as far as I know he's returned from time to time to guest in a few comics. And he may have been in the new brief Nick Fury's Howling Commandos.

The song is a cover of Warren Zevon's great song Werewolve's of London. It's kind've a novelty but the hook is amazing, and it's hard not to Howl along with the song, plus I'm of the opinion no one has a bad howling voice. This version is done by Magnolia Electric Co and can be found on their Hard to Love a Man EP. Magnolia Electric Co also goes by Jason Molina and sometimes as Songs Ohia. They're all generally a project or another by Jason Molina and great sad psuedo alt-country-folk. If you're looking for some more music check out the Devil's Music. I have a further explanation in the post below but he's Dracula to my Wolfman Jack.

2 comments:

MaryKwizMiz said...

well let me be the supernatural serial killer in your dark, haunted house. and make some noise, no matter how creepy :)
thank you for yet another fine treat. at least potential. couldn't get it to work, divshare seems to have gone on a tea break.
never mind, that way I'll have something to look forward to in the morning. Warren Zevon's original is an all-time favourite of mine.
Ahooooooo...
left breadcrumbs at my place for other music enthusiasts :)

MaryKwizMiz said...

patience is the key..

Ahoooooooo....