Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hayride to Hell

Hayride to Hell - The Munsters Theme

So how is it there were two supernaturally themed sitcoms at the same time and we've yet to truly receive a new one since then. Sure there's been the reincarnation of the Munsters and the Addams Family Movies and Cartoon, but 40 years? Come on, it'd still be better than According to Jim or whatever else is coming in 89th in the ratings.

Anyways, the Munsters is a classic, however it's starting to get to the point where some people my generation or earlier may not have heard of it, and that scares me. I grew up on a combination of the new, and the old as when cable was just starting out all the old fifties, sixties and seventies shows were all in syndication and I remember loving the Munsters as well as Gilligan's Island and Get Smart among dozens of others.

Of all the covers I've heard of the Munsters theme song, and I have heard a surprising amount, Hayride to Hell's is one of the best. It's got a real hard chugging fuzz guitar that warms up right after a dark bassline. ♦♦

No comments: