Saturday, October 11, 2008

Season of the Witch

Terry Reid - Season of the Witch

So the song is Season of the Witch and the artist is Terry Reid, and neither has anything to do with the Halloween Series, but it was the best picture I could come up with so there you go. Anyways, Terry Reid is one of my favorite artists in a long time. The guy turned down lead singing roles in Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple, that's gotta be worth close to a billion in missed opportunities. And what'd he do with it? Have an awesome solo career. Well, awesome in terms of quality, however I don't think he sold, at least not like Zeppelin sold. Still he's on the underrated list of all time. He's got a great voice and his music sounds like a hybrid between Neil Young, Creedence, and Zeppelin. And if that doesn't do it for you, you're broken on the inside. I'm sorry but that's just how it is. This song is nearly 10 minutes long, and ever second is awesome.

Interestingly enough I first got into him through the Devil's Rejects soundtrack. A movie I don't par·tic·u·lar·ly love or hate but the soundtrack is a full on greatest hits of 70s album rock radio. It's a weird thing, I'm not really a fan of Rob Zombie's movies, nor am I fan of his music itself, but I think we'd probably have fun hanging out as the man has great taste. Go check out the Halloween Remake soundtrack, it's equally awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The original is by Donovan and better.