Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hayride



Junior over at Ear Fuzz reminded me once again about Exuma and he has too many songs that would be perfect posts for the Ghost Town. However instead of choosing one of his island chants about zombies and voodoo I elected to choose what I've heard described as one of his worst songs.

But I don't think it's that bad. It's really sacharine and kind've cheesy but it's a hayride love song. So more than being totally appropriate it also showcases that Exuma had a beautiful singing voice despite the fact that he routinely sang in a gravely wail.

The other reason I wanted to post this is my many memories of a kid going on haunted hayrides once October came. I'm not sure if everyone has hayrides all over the US or other places, but it's a pretty big fall staple in Minnesota and a good time in the crisp October air.

Please comment if anything's not working for anybody or if you have any questions or you just want to say whats up.

1 comment:

Devil Dick said...

i found you searchng Halloween tunes. stop by the devils music for more Halloween tricks and treats!