Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Monster's Loose

Polaris - The Monster's Loose

I posted this song once before, but seeing as how that was 2 full years ago, I had to post it again. It's from a beautiful amazing cd by a band called Polaris. They made an entire album of material for The Adventures of Pete and Pete on Nickelodeon. It's one of the greatest TV shows ever created in my opinion and all the music used not only the stuff made by Polaris but the contributions from Racecar, Nice and the Magnetic Fields among others was transcendent.

I decided to post the Monster's Loose due to the fantastic episode Halloweenie. The plot of the episode is that one brother thinks he may be getting to old for Halloween while the other embraces it at its fullest. The mythology and acting as well as the cinematography is amazing. If you've never seen the show I can't more thoroughly recommend renting or buying some of the DVDs or acquiring by other means.

No comments: