Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Mountain Goats - Damn These Vampires


I used a picture of the Fright Night poster. The original not the remake. Even though I was not all that into Fright Night, it was a vampire film, and that is a fantastic poster. I've always liked horror films that take place in the middle of the suburbs. The Burbs and many of the Halloween sequels are perfect examples. I'm kind've missing having cable and watching the Horror marathons they run around Halloween. I might have to get hooked up just in time for the latter half of the month. 

Anyways, this is a song by The Mountain Goats. Some people are huge fans of John Darnielle's voice but he can write good songs. This one starts off simple but starts to get bloody by the end.
Crawl til dawn
On my hands and knees
God damn these bite marks
Deep in my arteries
Crawl til dawn
On my hands and knees
God damn these vampires
For what they've done to me

 Less of a party tune then some of the stuff I post but they can't all make you dance.

1 comment:

Lou C. Ferr said...

Trying to catch up before the big day. Mondo thanks for your work again this year, you're a definite stop on the annual Halloweenie circuit.