Monday, October 21, 2013

After Hours


This is a song from the Soundtrack to Martin Scorsese's After Hours. Its a strange bizaare film that I might classify as horror. I caught it on cable about 10 years ago or so at 5 in the morning when I used to stay up crazy late. It was just so strange and the perfect movie for that night. It also is strangely identifiable as its just about one, not necessarily exciting but just strange night that won't end. I think we've all had one. Where all you want to do is get home but you can't whether its a flat tire or stuck at work or can't find a bus or a taxi and you just get stuck, maybe you're only 10 miles from home but somehow it feels like you'll never make it back.

The soundtrack is done by Howard Shore. It reminds me a lot of John Carpenter's early work as its very digital. Its also relatively simple and there's something really disconcerting about it all. Paired with the movie it works perfectly.


1 comment:

Nos Fart Ratu said...

Nice description, brother- sets the mood perfectly. I'm liking this one. I'm liking them all. Everything you're putting up is really good!