Monday, October 08, 2007

Werewolves of London


Werewolves of London is one of my alltime favorite songs, Halloween or not. I'm from Minnesota and when I used to go to Timberwolves games they'd play that song during a break sometimes and I always thought it was perfect. In recent years they stopped doing that, councidently in recent years we totally sucked. But since last year I posted the original, this year I posted a version by Magnolia Electric Co.

Magnolia Electric Co is basically Jason Molina and whoever his backing band is at the time. He's released alot of cool folk/alt country stuff and this bar version of Werewolves of London is a great cover of the song. It's laid back and boozy, but not overdone. Also normally I just google for images but this was a cool pic done by a guy named James Ryman, and if you click the picture it should take you to his illustration and concept art site.

Magnolia Electric Co. - Werewolves of London

No comments: