Thursday, October 18, 2007

I Think of Demons


When I first heard the Evil One, I was thoroughly excited. Not only was it great music, but it was great music for Halloween. The Evil One is a cd by Roky Erickson and the Aliens and arguably his best album ever. In the late 60's he had moderate fame with the Austin Texas Pscychadelic rock group the 13th Floor Elevators. He was arrested numerous times for possession and pleaded insanity as a defense after which he spent time in the 70s at an institution often receiving shock treatment. It hurt his mental state, but when he was released he was still capable of producing amazing rock music. Most recently a documentary called You're Gonna Miss Me was Released chronicling his recent efforst by him and his family to get back to playing music again. It's a great documentary and if you like Rock n Roll or documentaries I'd suggest watching it.

Roky Erickson - I Think of Demons

No comments: