Saturday, October 09, 2010

Creature from Outer Space


I know I'm currently a few posts behind. I was a little under the weather and didn't manage to get blogginb but promise to get caught up soon.

I'm not sure what it was exactly in the 50's and early 60's that created such a meld between both sci-fi and rockabilly. I think it must have been that both were predominantly mediums directed at teenagers and most of the rockabilly musicians were in their late teens and early twenties so they were writing about the safe cheesy films they'd catch at the drive-in or theater.

I'm lucky enough that there's a great drive-in not far from I live that's called the Vali-hi that features 3 movies a night all summer long for only 8 dollars. They've got videogames, cheap concessions and todays modern day drive-in film, the summer blockbuster. I've seen some terrible movies there, most notably when I saw the most recent Indiana Jones and spent the majority of the movie laughing and making fun of how bad it was.

Sonny Day - Creature from Outer Space

No comments: